Overall, gamers would do anything to become better at gaming, especially if they are also eSports players. However, they realized that coffee and energy drinks are not beneficial for their health and skills in the long term.
As such, more and more gamers and eSports players have switched to all-natural/organic soft or energy drinks. But, given the increase in popularity of CBD oil, some have also decided to try this kind of product.
Let’s see whether CBD can make you a better gamer and/or eSports player!
What is CBD?
We’ll be short with this one since you probably already know what this substance is.
Essentially, it is an extract of the cannabis plant that doesn’t come with any psychoactive elements and mainly has the same effects and benefits as THC minus the high part.
The hemp-derived substance is often referred to as a wonder medicine, mainly because it does for stress and anxiety what other common drugs cannot do! A lot of studies and research showed that CBD, on many occasions, can be more potent than the usual antidepressants or anti-stress vitamins. Moreover, the full spectrum tinctures from TheHempDoctor that combine it with a new extract, CBG, may even increase the efficiency of this extract!
As a result, a lot of people decided to introduce this ingredient in their day-to-day diet, as a supplement or even as a simple recreational drug that promotes and enhances relaxation!
How Does CBD Work?
Every human possesses an internal system called ECS – the endocannabinoid system. It is quite similar to a pre-installed piece of software on our phones or computers. But what does it do?
Well, it regulates appetite, sleep, as well as our immune and sleep response. It does so by producing endocannabinoids. However, in some cases, it may not produce as many as needed. This is where the wonder medicine comes in.
CBD prevents endocannabinoids from breaking down during usage and, therefore, increases their potential and number. Basically, this substance doesn’t replace our natural endocannabinoids, but it acts as their connection and makes them more powerful while also enhancing their strengths. THC, on the other hand, attaches to the cannabinoid receptors in our body and also influences them and the functions they control.
The Benefits of CBD for Gamers
Let’s now take a look at how gamers and eSports players can benefit from using CBD:
- Improves Sleep – it promotes a natural sleep cycle since it regulates the ECS in a better way. Keep in mind that changes will only appear after prolonged use, usually after two weeks.
- Prevents Stress-Induced Brain Degeneration – Research shows that stress is often beneficial for gamers and eSports players. This is because it improves their awareness as well as their reflexes. However, stress negatively affects the brain. CBD can not only reduce stress but also prevent it from damaging neurons.
- Relieves Joint and Muscle Pain – As you may already know, most studies give clear proof that CBD does wonders for those suffering from pain, even of chronic nature. Hence, regular usage is very beneficial for the joints and muscles of a gamer’s arm. Oils and tinctures containing this substance can also reduce lower back pain and prevent the infamous tennis elbow.
- Minimizes Performance Anxiety – Performance anxiety is one major issue gamers have. Before an important match or competition, nerves kick in and, in most cases, affect the player’s performance. A dash of CBD oil under the tongue can help minimize this type of anxiety and boost confidence.
- Prevents the Sweaty Controller Syndrome – console gamers often have to face this issue when, during intense gaming or even professional gaming sessions, their hands begin to sweat. This can affect their performance as they can’t retain proper grip over the controller. While excessive palm sweating can also be a sign of other diseases, if it’s just caused by increased focus and concentration, it can be easily avoided with the help of the wonder medicine. It relaxes the body and allows the gamer to be less tense.
How Should CBD Be Used?
We should also mention that this substance cannot be used as a replacement for a balanced diet. Moreover, one shouldn’t rely solely on it if the problem they want to solve is more serious in nature. For example, if you are diagnosed with severe anxiety, it is better to have it recommended by a doctor than implement it in your diet alone.
Then, keep in mind that CBD intake must be limited as well. Too much can harm you – just like any other ingredient and/or supplement out there. After all, it goes without saying that taking more CBD won’t increase its potency.
In short, consume it responsibly!
What to Expect from CBD Usage?
Many people expect this hemp-derived extract to show results in a couple of hours after they first take it. However, that’s not how it works within the body.
First and foremost, for CBD to work, you have to make sure that you get it from a reputable source – just like you’d do with THC! Then, be aware of the fact that this particular medicine has to first build up in your system before you notice its full potential and effects.
Using it two or three times probably won’t affect your performance anxiety, for example, at all! People usually need at least two weeks of regular usage before they notice changes within their body.
Last but not least, keep in mind that everybody is different. As such, your body may assimilate the substance differently. You may have to wait three to four weeks for it to act or it may not be as potent as expected.
The Bottom Line
CBD comes with a lot of benefits that are ideal for more than just gamers and eSports players. In fact, it may soon become a daily supplement for people, especially given the fantastic job of reducing stress.
However, professional gamers may want to be careful when using CBD as it might interfere with the drug tests performed before every competitive event. It is ideal to go over the regulations before taking it and also make sure that it is the right fit for you and for your body!